Friday, September 12, 2008

Character Report: A Brief Chapter in my Impossible Life

This week I have been reading a book called, A Brief Chapter in my Impossible Life, (sry I can't remember the author's name). And now it is time for my character report.



This story is told by Simone a sixteen year old child who is adopted, "Now look at the older sister. The differences don't stop at the hair. I have olive skin and almond eyes. I don't have the father's dimpled chin. I don't have the mother's husky voice (ABCI)." Then out of nowhere Simone's birth mother, Rivika, wants to meet her. Simone's best friend, Cleo, has her own problems. She finally got a boyfriend, her dad wants her to come meet his new family (which she doesn't like), and her mom caught Darius (her BF) and her doing one of their new favorite activities. Simone decides to have Rivika come over for Thanksgiving and learns what really happened. Rivika's parents religion wouldn't allow her to be with anyone so, she was with someone and ended up getting pregant.

Next week there will be a part two, stay tuned

5 comments:

Julia said...

So was Rivka and Simone the characters you chose to talk about? That book sounds good...i had it on my list of books i want to read.

J. Pingrey said...

Is this a book we have in the room? From your character description, it sounds very intriguing. I like the quote you chose, because it gives a good overview of the whole family, and even Simone's feelings about the situation she is in. How did you choose this book to read? Hope you're still enjoying the book!

Brieleigh said...

This book sounds really good, :D

How do you like it so far, is it just like a teenage drama book?

Brieleigh

Brieleigh said...

This book sounds really good, :D

How do you like it so far, is it just like a teenage drama book?

Brieleigh

E S B said...

t does not sound like a book I want to read but you did desribe the book well. It's just a book I wouldn't read.